Sunday, July 22, 2007

A momentous occasion.

I HAVE JUST FINISHED READING HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~

Haha yes yes, I shall be benign and not spoil anyone. I cried a lot during the book, and the plot twists and subplots are totally intriguing; you'll either be in trepidation or anticipation because anything could happen and anyone could just drop dead anytime. The book has definietly gotten darker... with some horrific scenes that will be really effective for horror movies, if anyone needs any inspiration. But the momentum not so smooth though. And the epilogue very cheesy ah. Nevertheless, the book is still v good (EVERYONE GO READ IT NOW!) and there are many parts with JK Rowling's trademark humour that makes you go ROFLMAO!

Gah I'm feeling really tired now so this may sound incoherent gah.

So now it's time to say goodbye to Harry. Thus ends the 10 year Harry Potter journey. I'm quite sad that there are no more chances ever again to speculate, think, ponder about what's going to happen in the next book, or just about what's going on in that strange head of JK rowling. However, book 7 does accomplish it's goal of offering closure to the million of fans and readers out there, and that it is with mixed feelings that I have when I think of the end of Harry Potter.

I can confidentally say that I've grown up with Harry - I started reading about him in P3 and was hooked ever since. He even had his O Levels while I had mine, though his is actually called OWLs. So it is very hard to let go of this strange magical companion when he's gone through so much with me. I don't want it to end. But I know it must end. It must end.

And I absolutely enjoyed my journey with Harry. And Ron. And Hermione. Totally. So memorable, all the adventures we went on, and all the heartbreaks and joy and accomplishments and not forgetting, snogging. But even though it's a franchise, it's just a book, I believe he will stay in many people's hearts for the many things he symbolises, especially for my generation, who grew up with and on Harry Potter.

It's sad to say goodbye to all the people in Harry Potter's world. I will certainly miss all of you. Very very much.

0 comments: