Thursday, October 09, 2008

Sarah Palin on Newsweek

Ok, now the Republicans are shaking their fists at Newsweek and trying to ban it just because - wait for it - Sarah Palin's picture was not touched-up on the cover of the latest issue.



?!?!? Oh PUH-LEASE. Of all the issues to focus on in an election, this is what you choose??! You're kidding right? Absolutely immature! (They should have focused on the cover title story instead) Seriously, I'm sure this is what Americans are worried about right now -- how pretty their politicians look on magazine covers. -.-

Excuse me, politicians are not like super-models that need re-touches to appear on news magazines. Their purpose is to serve the nation, not to look good on TV or wherever. And isn't Palin supposed to be this down-to-earth (crazy) hockey Mom with common flaws like everyone else cos she's 'one of us'? Then what's wrong with a little wrinkles and blemishes? She's still prettier than half the women in United States. Hell, she's even better looking than Hillary Clinton! Duh! And that video! Gosh, total bigotry. I guess that is what happens in America all the time huh. Typical Fox news, siding all the way with Republicans again. Boooo.

Cut the crap, Republicans. The more you smear, the lower you sink. McCain is turning out to be the most un-mavericky person ever and I sometimes question Palin's sanity. It's funny how Palin repeatedly claims that she's an expert in foreign policy because she can see Russia from her state. Hello. I can see Malaysia from my house - does that make me a even better candidate in foreign policy? Sheesh! She just spouts rubbish sometimes doesn't she.

And because of the theatrics, comedians are getting the whole truckload of materials for parodies and spoofs. It's political satire galore! I think the best impersonation was Tina Fey's Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live. She was absolutely spot-on, on the money. The look, the Alaskan accent, the behavior, body language, facial expressions -- totally nailed it. Fey's best work yet, I think. Here are some hilarious videos of the parody.

Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton



"And I can see Russia from my house!" LMAO.

The Vice-Presidential Debates and that disastrous interview with Katie Couric



I like how SNL uses exact quotes from the interview. Awesome.



If they carry on like that, Obama's totally going to win the election just by doing nothing. And this is how you choose one of the most powerful people in the world? Zomg. Outer space people are definitely laughing their ass off at us right now. Definitely.

0 comments: