Ok, so the World Choir Championships in Busan are abruptly cancelled today due to the Gyeongnam government's paranoia with the H1N1. That means the orchestra's gala concerts at the festival are cancelled as well. Which then gives me no real reason to go to Korea.
Craptastic.
So now I'm packing to board the plane going to a place with no fixed accomodation. with no plan. Which suits me fine (because I love free'n'easy and hate being sheep) except there's no time at all to do research of anything. Busan? Jeju? DMZ? Maps? Money? Forget about the best Korean backpacking experience, I'll be happy enough if we can pull this off properly.
Man, now I feel like just staying here and hanging out in my own terms.
Curse the Gyeongnam government. How many times must it be reiterated that the H1N1 flu virus is just another common flu that doesn't kill? People who allegedly died from the it actually suffered complications from other health problems that are inherent in their body before they contracted the flu. That it's labelled as a pandemic in the first place is sheer absurdity on the part of WHO, not helped of course by the over-extensive coverage and the subsequent big woohaa caused by the Western media. Seriously, its just puny influenza.
It's two in the morning and I HAVE to go pack. Not looking forward to this trip at all, but will try to make the best of it.
There will most likely be radio silence from me for the next eleven days, since I'm not sure where there'll be a stable internet connection. That also means I will not be blogging SYTYCD this season, since I haven't actually watched any episode so far because of my craptastically busy schedule. LoudTwitter is down, so there're be no twitter blog entries as well. And anything can happen in Korea. Lead good lives, people. Till we meet again.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Same here. We r a choir group from Taiwan and we r set to leave tomorrow. we booked airplane tickets for 25 ppl already. now what? pisses the crap out of me too.
Hello ZJ! カリスです! I finally remembered your blog address! Just popping by to say hi!
Salut, ma cherié!
Post a Comment