Wednesday, September 06, 2006

REACT

React was pretty ok, in all. My groups was all right, the games were ok, organisation was ok and things ran okly. I think we raised our band profile by a bit when people saw a huge HUGE band gathered in the amphi playing music.

Lazy to blog all the details but here's some funny highlights from the debrief which I seem to remember much more clearly than others.

"Stop it Yiheng, you insufferable tweet!"
-- Hanxin

If you, reader, remember the specific context of when this was said, you will find it funny. For those who don't remember, let me try to reanact the situation. However, I doubt that it would be as funny as if you witnessed it. Hanxin was trying desperately to start debrief after a long day and everyone is tired. However, she is constantly interrupted by Yiheng's piano playing and singing, accompanied by who else, Jeff of course. Frustrated, Hanxin (our literature genius), burst out into this sentence, effectively shutting Yiheng up.

Oh of course, our ABM has contributed some memorable quotes too. Sitting on the chair in the varese after lugging a tuba plus case from RJ to RI, a very exhausted Chienyeh (flute-player) said. "This is the heaviest thing I've ever carried in my LIFE!" After a while, we find him carrying a bucket of stands, exclaiming "THIS is the heaviest thing I've ever carried in my LIFE!" (or something to that extent) Confused?

It is really wonderful to hear this exchange of words between Wanxian and Chienyeh.
"Why are you so BARBARIC?"
"Why are you so NIANG2?"

And last but not least, we have the "What ho what ho what ho!"

Which is a really nice way to end React.


Steve Irwin, crocodile hunter, died on Monday because of a stingray attack. It's really really sad actually, that he had lost in his last attempt to cheat death. But what a guy. Seriously, he's one in a million. Totally characterised crocodile hunters and brought a lot of fresh stuff into the animal world. Will miss him.

On another note though, Niall Ferguson, Harvard historian/professor, is one brilliant man. Published an article in the latest issue of TIMES about the 911 and the US which is totally genius. Everybody pls go read it. It rocked my socks off.

So far, about 3 people, excluding my mom, have said that I look/is like KSS. Now, I really don't know whether to laugh or cry.

0 comments: