Les Miserables has once again, reduced me to a miserable pile of sobbing mess, wallowing in a puddle of tears. Since his appearance, Jean Valjean has never failed to make me cry. Neither did Fantine, Javert and Eponine. Though Marius is really just a stupid, stupid lovesick fool.
“And then, do you know, Monsieur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.” Eponine's last words before dying just made me weep all over again.
But I do pray hard that I will, at least once in my life, get to watch Les Mis on Broadway. Colm Wilkinson as Jean, Philip Quast as Javert, Micheal Maguire as Enjolras, Lea Salonga as Eponine, and Micheal Ball as Marius. (And I hope he'll be playing Raoul in Phantom next year when it comes to Singapore)
On another note, I finally finally get to see the sun today (Hello sun!) after so many days of hiding. Was almost unaccustomed to the sudden heat though this is really cooling compared to the horrendous heat and humidity of Bali.
Had to accompany my brother to watch Eragon today. Honestly, it sucked. With the exception of Brom and Saphira, the main characters cannot act for nuts. Totally dissapointed with their protrayal of their characters -- not even representative of their counterparts in the book for one bit. I'm sure Arya is so coy and coquey; she's supposed to be more like proud and elegant. (I think LOTR Arwen strikes the perfect balance of what an elf princess should be) And Eragon definitely CANNOT ACT. He only has that few facial expressions that just alternates once in a while. Murtagh looked toooooooo evil and that kind of spoiled everyone who haven't read Eldest. Opps. It's weird but everytime I pictured Murtagh, his face was that of Neville Longbottom, from Goblet of Fire, so maybe that's the reason why Murtagh from the movies didn't appeal to me at all.
In all, the movie was unfit for the book. It didn't bring out any of the book's twisted plot or mystical qualities. Even for a fan. Too little details... it became just another dragon story instead of a special one it was supposed to be and bring out. Pity, baby Saphira totally re-defined cuteness for me today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment