Anyway, today I opened my mailbox and I saw this mail by Borders saying:
HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS
AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE ORDERING NOW.
And immediately, I thought "what a lousy fluke title! ...what happened to the Pyramids of Furmat, the Green Flame Torch and the Toenail of Ickilbogg?" Hence, as a dutiful Harry fan, I wanted to alert Leaky Cauldron and Mugglenet about this... and that was when I saw on the webpages that it was true. TRUE! For some reason, I found the "deathly" too direct... that's why it felt flukey.
Therefore, for those of you who still haven't heard of it, here it is. The big announcement (for HP fans that is):
BOOK SEVEN OF THE HARRY POTTER SERIES IS OFFICIALLY CALLED "HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS"!!
Wonderful. FYI, Hallows are noble, holy things, used by royalty or religious authorities. And deathly just means marti. I think the Hallows refer to the horcruxes, since they're objects from the 4 founding fathers, who are considered quite regal and definitely powerful. And the deathly just means that these the quest of destroying these horcruxes will result in many people beside Harry dead.
There's this great essay on Leaky Cauldron's Scribbulus, paralleling Tarot Cards and the 4 founders and the horcruxes. I was so amazed by the huge amount of mindbending similarities drawn between them. A must read for HP fans and speculators alike. Here's the link: The Four Founders and the Magician Card
And I think Jk Rowling is mighty brilliant. For those who read Order of the Pheonix, there was a prophecy in the Room of Mysteries smashed and heard saying "on the solstice will come a new" "and none will come after". Coincidentally, today is the Winter Solstice! And it was today that the new book title was announced! And definitely no other books will come after. Brilliant eh? Planting those little clues that will just probably turn into anything! *kowtows*
I found those cute little potterpuff's creator! She puts it on her livejournal and updates it. FYI, potterpuffs are harry potter characters drawn like powerpuff characters. Just plain CUTE!!!!

PotterPuffs are love
In case you didn't get that, it's harry, hermione, draco, snape, luna (I think), remus and ron. That was the site's banner. Here's another one!

SUPER CUTE!!! Oppugno I think, was the enchantment.
My favourite... is the Snapeypuff!


And there's so much shipping on her site that it's simply hilarious. Remus/Lily, Harry/Hermione, Draco/Hermione, SNAPE/HERMIONE!?!, REMUS/SIRIUS!!, DRACO/HARRY!!! Omg, riddikulus.
Ok. Enough spoilers. Want more potterpuffs? Here we go!
Shall blog about JC band fest (with pictures!) and my Bali trip (lots more pictures!) another day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment