Thursday, March 08, 2007

I have discovered new found interest and fondness for Pride and Prejudice after finally watching the movie. Kiera Knightly is wonderful! I loved that doomed giggle when she stepped out of the carriage at Pemberley. And the guy who played Mr. Collins redefined the character for me; I have never found him so repulsive before.

It is so weird that after being around Suang the past few days, I am looking at literature in a new light. Particularly after his recitations of excerpts from "Anthony and Cleopatra". (something about Anthony riding the horse and Cleopatra wanting to be the horse) He reminded me that literature is, after all, alive and supposed to be spoken and read out to appreciate it's full effect. I guess I have been reading too much non-fiction and lecture notes for me to forget that important aspect of reading itself. Goodness.

GP common test is officially screwed for, and by, yours truly. Spent ages picking a question, and picked a tricky one still. Comprehension was no better. I have absolutely no idea how to write the AQ; it's weird! Ah well, the whole thing was a fiasco, not unlike other GP common tests.

A Tempo is nearing. Reached home at ten thirty today because of ticketing matters. And I have concluded from the experience that no f**cking way am I ever ever going to go into accountancy. My god, all the serial numbers and money and tickets to be accounted for. Gave me such a headache. I can't even get my own tickets straight. Just not made for this kind of stuff. I'm scared for concert. I really am.

Got so many things to blog about but I sincerely forgot what. Sin cera.

I feel exposed suddenly to a number of latin phrases. Quid pro quo. Status quo. Per capita. Per se. Veni, Vidi, Vici. Aurum protestas est. Felix culpa. Magnum opus. Et tu, Brute? Et cetera. Ad nauseum. Carpe diem. Dues ex machina. Ad hominem. Ceteris paribus. Cognito ergo sum. Non sequitur. And of course, not forgetting our dear Auspicium melioris aevi. Ok. I'm blabbering again.

Pride and prejudice!






0 comments: