Saturday, May 03, 2008

Update on my life.

The past week has been pretty slackish. Received offers from NUS and NTU. Not what I wanted, but they're okay alternatives I guess. I officially rejected my St. Andrews offer because there is absolutely no way I can afford it without a scholarship, even though it's MA Honours 3 years and it's in Scotland, where accomodation and stuff is cheaper than London. That basically speaks for itself about me going overseas to US and UK. No scholarship = no overseas. I guess it's local then! Still waiting for SMU offer. They're having exams now so I guess all the profs and whoever are too busy for admissions.

I've stumbled upon some BBC WW2 stuff. Basically recollections and stories and reports from 1939 - 1945. Really interesting. I was reading some WAAF and RAF stuff when they reminded me of my own pilot stuff that I had put at the back of my head. My blood's still being examined now by RSAF or whoever their medical counterpart is so I guess I have to wait.

Lol, which reminds me again of something Times Magazine put up in their people's section. "Prince William, who recently recieved his air force wings, displayed his flight skills by landing a military helicopter in the backyard of girlfriend Kate Middleton's parents." LOL! Prince William on crack! Crazy dude. I don't know the size of that particular backyard but way to impress your girlfriend/her parents with it. I'd be really cool if it was a surprise. Imagine them coming out and seeing Prince William beside a chopper in their own backyard. "Hello, I've come to pick Kate up for a date. Need a lift somewhere?" Or maybe "Hi, I'm just dropping by for a visit. Sorry about the crushed grass and flowers." It madness! What a brilliant way to waste taxpayers' money.

Last Sunday, I met up with Ruth, Sranj and Anisha since Ruth and Anisha are going overseas soon. Rescheduled last minute to Anisha's house, so us 2 western people have to haul our asses down to the East. We sat beside the swimming pool in her condo to eat and chat, which turned out to be really great. Ambience and the balmy wind added to the romantic mood. Plus the whole place was so secluded and peaceful! I really don't mind sleeping there, with the tempting swimming pool. :) Halfway through Anisha managed to bluff me, with the help of Sranj and Ruth, that she was really engaged to some guy, which is totally believable since she's open to arranged marriages. I was pwned by the whole thing and really really believed that she's going to marry some guy studying in Canada and going to move to Dubai after her wedding. Until Ruth and Sranj were laughing uncontrollably did I realised something is wrong. Damn. I'm so gullible.

After a few weeks at home, I realised how loud my neighborhood can be. Take today for example. Here I am, listening to loud boistering cymbals and chinese drums making a racket downstairs with the lion dances and finding fault with their rythm and coordination. Basically, the drums are almost always late and never on time. They're rushing and entries are late and oh my god I am such a band geek. Ok they've stopped. Great. My attention sways back to the Steven Clarke I'm reading.

"Merde Actually" is really funny. Right now I'm at this part where Paul and his new french roomates discuss F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Or rather, Free ends. With Hoss, Shorn lair, Fibby, Ha-shell, Showy. LOL. The book is just so witty and funny in itself. I'm was quite convinced that it was really happening to the author until I came upon his webby with him saying that it's part fiction and part truth. Oh wells, it sounded real to me. Really great writing then, for it to sound like that.

HDB informed us through mail today about the polling for the construction on a new elevator in our block. Guess what. It's going to be situated right outside our door. Which means that we have to endure about a year of endless driling, knocking, hammering and etc noises of the construction site in addition to the stuff going on downstairs, above and opposite of us. If the poll goes through. Which it most likely will, by the looks of our surrounding blocks all having 2 elevators. Then we're really going to be living right in the middle of a construction site for a whole freaking year. It's heaven.

0 comments: