Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jay Chou's New Album: Capricorn





I am not happy that Jay Chou's new album ("Capricorn") is coming out soon. Not happy at all because I'm fighting these battling feelings of ambivalence -- should I buy it? Or should I not. I wanna get his new songs and hopefully be musically enlightened. At the same time, I'm terrified of disappointment, a la his last album. But I'm really excited! It's magically themed and we all know how proficient Mr. Chou is in magic. I quote from some forum -- "Jay Chou has also written a "magic" song in his new album, there's also a song about the "joker", the two songs even reveal the exciting interaction between the magician and the joker, it's very dramatic." So perhaps there will be outstanding arrangements and amazing lyrics. Having said that, the last time he tried something new, ie the cowboy song, it turned out disastrous.

Argh.

Ok. I shall risk my already fragile impression of Jay Chou (refer to my previous Jay Chou post) and just go get that album. It's been less than a year since his last one and I guess I'm willing to take the plunge. Not that it would be a make or break thing, but opportunity costs, opportunity costs.


6 comments:

simone said...

omg! why u dont like his previous album?! i love it la.. haha =b except for 牛仔很忙 =s
i'm definately buying =b his albums are the only albums i buy now.. gonna pre order it next wk =] hehe =b

Anonymous said...

fellow fangirl!! pre-order a copy for me too!! if you are gonna do it...haha

zacjay said...

@Simoneeeeeeeeexx: Lol, I love spelling your user name. Hmmmm, I guess his previous album was just not up to par with his usual standard. Lol, I expect a lot out of my idols. :) My favourite's still Fantasy, even after so many years. Love his original sound.

@vivian: Fellow fangirl ftw! Yeap, I got a copy of it for you already!

Anonymous said...

1. 魔杰座
2. 女儿红
3. 东方之殿
4. 红楼梦中
5. 失恋的青蛙
6. 失落非主流
7. 从新爱
8. 大灌蓝
9. 达芬奇的画布

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD ALL HIS TRACKS HERE!!!
http://rapidshare.com/files/149282862/Jay_Chou_-_Capricorn.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/149282863/Jay_Chou_-_Capricorn.part2.rar

Michelle PYP said...

THANKS ANONYMOUS!! I LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

good points and the details are more precise than somewhere else, thanks.

- Norman