HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PUNK!!
I don't think he's gonna see this but I'mma doin' it anyway. Whee! It's like a family tradition now to have dinner at Swenson's every time someone has a birthday. Simply because of the free main course promotion. Lawl. Typical Chinese parents? Nah, just that both of them do economics in their minds all the time. -.- Anyways, my brother is officially 13 years old. = TEENAGER. That means I need to get ready for a few years of angst, rebellion, shouting, more angst, emo, sullen faces, vertical challenges (in terms of height) and lots of arguments. Sooooo looking forward to it, I even got a preview today. Naaaaaasty.
Beyonce's new album is helluva addicting. It's called "I am... Sasha Fierce" and contains two discs that embody the alter-egos of Beyonce Knowles; one normal Beyonce, and the other this sexy vivacious aggressive onstage persona called Sasha Fierce. I loled at the "fierce" part... so blatantly obvious. Why can't she have a more subtle name or something? I dunno.
Anyway, I started to think it was all some smart-ass marketing gimmick until I took a listen on imeem and was seriously impressed. The "I am..." disc basically consists of ballads and they are soooo good. It's on loop non-stop since this afternoon. And the "Sasha Fierce" side is not bad as well. Though I didn't finish it cos the "I am..." songs kept luring me back. She is one great singer; I berate myself for not paying more attention to her in the past.
There's just so much soul in her voice, especially in the rising chorus of "Halo"; it just lifts you up. "Halo" by the way, does not refer to the popular Xbox game franchise but the thingy on top of an angel's head. It's a pretty awesome song so take a listen (2nd track). Written and produced by Ryan Tedder, wonderboy who brought us stuff like "Bleeding Love" and "Apologise", vocalist and creative genius of OneRepublic, prodigy of Timbaland and all round cool guy, you know it's definitely going to be a hit. His style is slowing coming out and you can recognize his brand of music characterized by the Timbaland R&B beats (yes, that's a brand now) coupled with lovely melody and rhythmic arrangements. Anyway, "Halo" is so going to be number one once it's released and I think, maybe the best of her career is this song. Check it out.
I put good money on it being the future "Bleeding Love".... maybe even better because Beyonce > Leona Lewis. Lewis is like a machine that strings together beautiful melody with words; Beyonce is this human that adds soul on top of the beautiful melody with words. See? Difference. Ah-haaah. And I so want Napoleon and Tabitha to choreograph to this song next season. Something like this season's "No Air" by Katee and Joshua, or "Bleeding Love" by Chelsie and Mark. I bet they'd totally do it though cos this song is SO GOOD. Ryan Tedder you genius you.
The other tracks on this disc are awesome as well. I love her volume control in "If I were a boy" and "Ave Maria", although not an official cover, is a very sincere and fresh interpretation of the song. If I had to use one word to describe all the songs, it would be 'soulful'. She's just R&B soul, a great mix of Rihanna and Leona Lewis. Oh. Kanye West's album is out as well, so is Britney's. Not going to touch the latter though, after listening to the whole thing on imeem one afternoon in the library. I got sooooo sick of her voice and for a few days, stayed away from all girls who sounded remotely like her. It's quite bad.
Ok, I think I sound really wonky in this post. Tis because it's late at night and I have a flight to catch tomorow and I HAVEN'T PACKED YET! Egads. I'll be gone for a week on family duty so don't call or sms unless you want to waste money (by all means go ahead but it'd be better if you just GIVE THE MONEY TO ME :) thx). I'm contactable by email (if I have reliable internet access lol) and by shouting. But that's only for Margeret cos I swear I can hear her everytime I step into the science canteen.
Ok I'm talking craaaaaaaaaap now just ignore me, kthxbye.
0 comments:
Post a Comment