Monday, January 05, 2009

Augustine the Hippo

I was supposed to be searching for information on the "Augustine of Hippo" and accidentally typed "Augustine the Hippo" into the search engine. Of course it rendered no results. And I even sat there staring at the screen for a few seconds wondering why.

D'oh!

Excuse teh extremely random post. I've been having a lot of dumb blonde moments (like the above) these days. Lack of sleep + indecent coffee tends to have that effect. Oh yes, not to forget the process of ageing! Big two-oh's coming and oh God, I so don't want to think about it.

Ah, filling up my (limited) free time with Prince of Persia and reading blogs of complete strangers. The latter is proving to be very entertaining.. and extremely time consuming. American college student's blogs are the most interesting not only because of the content but also the language they use, particularly humanities students. And there are sooooo many of them hidden out there it's like a vast land of liberals with exciting opinions and experiences (I like!) waiting for you to explore.

New semester's about to start and I feel like murdering my faculty. I didn't get allocated ANYTHING because of the demand and have to spend precious bid points on core modules. Extremely stupid if you ask me. Why can't you just open more classes? That's what we're paying you so much money for right? Grumbles. Now I have inadequate amounts of points left that will surely be insufficient for what I intend to do/fulfill. Why the hell are trivial administration processes impeding on one's desired academic career? Scarcity? (I don't think so) NUS SUCKS. ...There. I've said it. Hah! Let's get more generic and go on to say all local Universities suck! Woo! Hate-fest! The next step would be bureaucracy! Yay!

ARRGGGH. I can scarcely imagine what next semester's going to be like though. 3 major modules (2 minorly math based, 1 pure stats), 1 minor (completely stats) and 1 math module (calculus). It's like my worst nightmare come true. (I SUCK AT MATH!!) Gah, I just wanna get it over and done with and hopefully improve my (relatively nice-looking) CAP score. When can I get out of this unstimulating, mind-numbing paternalistic society??!

Hmph. *goes back to Augustine OF Hippo*

0 comments: