First week of school has started and before I'm ready, this whole bombardment of meaningless shite has befallen me. I now find myself wading in this pool of mundane rubbish slowly rising up to the level of my ears, drowning out whatever sliver of academic enthusiasm and wonder I happen to possess for the new fresh semester. Unenthusiastic attitude-problemed groupmates turned out to be the low point of my horrible first week (that'd teach me to bid and go for modules alone) plagued entirely by administrative problems and sticklers for bureaucracy. Courses I'm taking this semester are relatively harder and more boring and I've already missed one lecture because I saw the wrong timing in my extremely chaotic timetable. Must say though, GREAT start to the year. ... Not.
Excuse my wonderful limerics for the moment, but seriously, the future looks so bleak. Semester upon semester of the same, only occasionally peppered with activities that aim to perk you up but often failing miserably. College is supposed to be the most enlightening period of one's lives, the most empowering and filled with freedom. Strangely enough, or perhaps due to expectations, I still haven't experienced what was preached and promised by adults. What is wrong with me? There's a deep fear inside me right now that the high point of my life lies behind me instead of ahead. And I'm trying my utmost to prove that fear wrong, that there still is something to look forward to.

I've recently finished playing Prince of Persia. An epic masterpeice, despite its length. The ending was one of the most poignant ones I've ever seen, in terms of writing and the manipulation of the players' feelings. I don't want to spoil anyone but I was brawling (tears, I mean) the whole way through. ... Which means its good, not necessarily sad or otherwise. .... Because I cry at anything that's good, that's why! And nope, I won't say what I was crying for. Nothing is to be revealed here except my heartfelt recommendation of the game to anyone who wants to have a truly enjoyable experience for a day or so, which is the total time you'll most likely spend with the game. Even if you disregard the easy gameplay (even for casual gamers), the art direction (cell-shading, guys!) and the interactions between the two characters (yes, there are 2. Only.) is worth the price of the game alone. Seriously, the chemistry between the Prince and Elika is soooooo dynamic and reactive I was constantly yelling at the screen for them to make out already. And the ending, ooooh the ending, especially Elika's last line was extremely heartwrenching, to say the least, and embodies so many questions and nuances about what the whole game represents. Which surprisingly has some pretty philosophical elements mixed in with the action adventure. It's not a game you play anymore, but an experience that only the game can bring to you.



I don't need to say a word about the art and environmental design in the game; you can see for youself. (Yes, gameplay looks EXACTLY like the above art) Simply breathtaking. Embark on this swashbukling adventure with the Prince and Elika and immerse yourself in the mystique of 13th century Persia where you'll find action, love, evil gods (and ambivalent good ones) and beautiful lands of the forgotten, waiting to be explored. Get a copy of it right now, available on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. (hah! I sound like an advertisment!)
Luckily, my brief obsession with the Prince of Persia brought to my attention the leaked script of the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. The movie is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Disney, masterminds of the Pirates of the Carribean franchise, and clearly trying to create another blockbuster of epic proportions. I spent some time reading it and boy, it was some real good writing. Can just see the movie playing out in my mind already and if I had money, I'd invest some in this movie because it definitely is going to be some bomb. Read it here!
0 comments:
Post a Comment