Americans are starting to pump in old-fashioned examinations into their formless "advanced modern" education system that has been the reason for the bloom of creativity and thinking out of the boxes, and Asians are beginning to over emphasise on project work, creativity, freedom of expression, in order to turn their little academic robots into exceptional thinkers.
Hmmm.
The world is filled with so much irony that everything is going round in circles.
Once something has advanced so much ahead of everybody, until almost the limit, it finds itself going back and examining it's roots and beginnings in order to provide an answer for the happenings due to it's advancement. Or sometimes, to look for inspirations and innovations to further improve itself.
It's like the world is getting so developed. Technology is advancing at superman speed, economies are blooming, or at least finding new ways of blooming, and suddenly in the midst of all these confusion, we asks ourselves: Wait. Why are we developing in the first place? Is it really neccesary? Why do we need to get developed? There we go. We have returned to the fundamentals of developement after such a long ride trying to get away from it. I'm telling you, we're riding in circles.
I guess the concept circles (buddhism) has always made sense to me. (yikes.) Everything is working in circular motion that it's really amazing where this almighty commanding centripetal force comes from. Where is the centre of this huge roundabout? Who dictates this circular motion?
Ok let's move on.
Last night, England was cheatened and decisioned. Not beaten. They performed really well. I think Beckham's injury was a blessing in disguise, as their game became more varied and unexpected with Lenon. Seriously, that little guy is just so good at running and beating defenders. He really brings about the fast pace and diversity often missing in the English right flank. Did you notice how England's playing improved after Beckham went off?
Rooney's red card was too much. It should have been yellow. Ok, maybe it wasn't the best time to step on other people's balls but it was to a certain extent an accident. And his Manchester United team mate Christiano had to come and stir the mess by confonting him. Smart but a very dirty move, playing on Rooney's temper. But of course it paid off and the hot-blooded Englishman got sent off for a mixture of dissent and foul. Rooney has got to watch his temper. It hasn't improved one bit since his yelling of expletives at Beckham and I have a feeling it isn't going to in the near future. His passion to do well is truly a double-edged sword. It brought him lots of goals, and lot of cards.
But even with 10-man down, the match didn't look like 11 vs 10. Terry and Ferdinand were defending like hawks back there and it paid off. Portugal didn't really have a focal point for their attack and were reduced to shooting from far. Hagreaves was a hero. He ran like crazy and seemed to be everywhere in the defence. He nullified Luis Figo, and made Ronaldo scream. ........ That sounded wrong. Anyway, the english defence were impressive, but not perfect.
Midfeilld wise, Gerrard was a really good playmaker after Beckham left. With him and Lennon, there are just so much more possibilities of where the ball would go. His passes were insightful. Too bad there was no Rooney. If not, England should have scored one already. Lampard, as usual, got people screaming in agony. Throughout the whole tournament, he has 24 attempts on goal, and none of them went in. He missed so many good chances. So many! With every match, he has got the most chances, the best position, and there he goes and wastes all of them. Crouch too, didn't deliver. And where's Walcott?
But even with these, England was controlling the pace and momentum of the match most of the times, frustrating the portugese. The portugese was well-matching and well-matched too. They had great chances and Ronaldo had to squander a lot of them (ahahaha). Still, England dominated and would and should have won. Clearly, they were the stronger team most of the time, so going by this logic, they deserve the win more than portugal.
STUPID PENALTIES!
But I guess that's soccer. The world's favourite sport. That's what makes soccer so enjoyable and fun. So excrutinating and exhilarating. Heartbreaks and joculance all at the same time. So unpredictable. A comedy could just turn into tragedy in the space of no less than one minute. A toast to you, Soccer, for you have just made me miserable.
And Christiano Ronaldo is such an irritating character. Ok, wait a moment before you all C. Ronaldo fans start to throw rotten stuff at me. Let me first advocate him by saying that he is a great player. I love his effervescent runs down the right lane, his pace and speed are remarkable and he is really handsome (in the gay kind of way. I thought he was gay the first time I saw him). But he is such a hissy and a girl that I really feel like kicking his balls. Oh wait. I think he dosen't have any!
I lost count of how many times he dived last night. Everytime he touches a defender and acheives contact, he crashes himself to the floor, cluctches at his leg in general, or his head or whatever, scrunches up his face and starts to brawl like a baby, loudly and uglyly, until the referee comes over and shows that he is not impressed with his performance.
He should be awarded an Oscar for his perfomance last night. Best brawler/complainer/acting as if in pain -- in short BEST HUSSY!!!
I've never seen another player who made me so irritated. It may sound unfair but it just makes me mad when I see his scrunched up face (sorry, cound'nt find another expression. This is the best one) and his brawling. Bobby McMahon was gamecasting the match on Fox and here I quote him. "I think I just heard Ronaldo scream from Los Angeles." I mean, can't he just be a man and get up after he falls and get into the game? It's such a babyish girl thingy to lie there and crying, desperate for attention so that he can ween the most out of that opportunity. Oh get a grip mister. Did you see how he was first to peck at the action when the Rooney incident appeared? He dived into the thick of the mess and confronted Rooney -- his Man U team mate -- as quick as he can, to get Rooney worked up. After completing his mission of making ROoney lose his temper, he walked away and winked at the Portugese bench with a smile on his face. What a dirty dirty tactic that was. Ok it definitely works, but no need to give that smirk and wink. Hellooooo, you were caught doing it last night on global television. Do the right thing and grow up! Be a man! PLAY JOGA BONITO, you nike player.
Ok. I know it's kind of obvious I'm a C. Ronaldo hater. I used to love him a lot in Man U. But after his conversion to become a hussy, I have totally hated him. What madness, I just remembered that Italy has a whole team of C. Ronaldos! Ok stop. This will go on forever. There, I've declared my ever lasting hate for hussies. So, sue me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment