Sunday, May 07, 2006

Amarante & Cappricio

Rawr. Had a real field day today. I'm so crapped out and tired now.

Went for tuition today which ended at 1930, which is the starting time for RJ dance night: Amarante. RAWR! So I cabbed down to Victoria Theatre to watch it, though still missed the first three items. Overall, Amarante was pretty good. quite enjoyable and fun, but technically not very up to standard. I found myself kept observing the technical aspects of the dancers -- whether their actions are big enough and where they should be, whether the actions were together a not, expression (but in the end I can't see much from where I'm sitting), and yadda yadda. Turns out that Chinese Dance items were the ones with the higher technical standard. Perhaps that is due to the regimes of the dance itself that different type of dances have different requirements? But still, I feel that technical aspects are very important. That's what practices are for: perfecting the dance steps, making sure they are together with eveyrone and stuff. I learnt that concpet from Shava.

Well, at the end, the dances I enjoyed most were the really sexy out-of-the-top latino dance, the chinese dances, and the hiphop dances. Though they were really not together, I guess that's the effect hiphop has on me. I must admit that that player guy, the guy that made soooooo much noise during physics lecture, that guy that I really really really dislike, is a pretty good dancer. His moon walk was well done and his movements were good. Though his limbs are inproportionately long, giving him a weird feeling when he dances. Oh well, long arms and long legs are good for wave-ing, popping and locking.

Anyways, it was a really busy night. When dance night interval came, I chiong out of Victoria Theater at the speed of light and rushed to the Hwa Chong band concert. Thankfully they were having intermission too, so my postcards didn't go to waste. :) Aciddentally stepped on Kiamian's flipflops in the process and hence causing excrutinaiting pain to her feet I'm sure. Sorry! Then after distributing them, I chionged back to dance night at the speed of light and barely made it to the starting. If not I would be not allowed in for one item. AGAIN.

What an incredible night. After dance, I ran to band again, and interuppted in the midst of Al Camino. They played Disney Fantasies as encore peice! Madness! Haha, then I went home with Yooj and Sylv. Toked toked toked about band and left my wallet with the singing ice cream man. Don't ask.

Really sorry yooj, for kind of leaving you out of the conversation. :(

Rawr I'm so tired. Band reminded me of yesterday. Ok, I shall talk about yesterday, when I went back to NY. Went to get my cert with Viv and YX and saw quite a number of people. Great. Then went to band and felt really sad and guilty when I saw Mr. Lee. That feeling intensified when I sat and listened to the band. It's was kind of strange, that kind of feeling, when I sat with my beloved NYCB, which didn't really seem so beloved anymore. ***. Had conversations with YX and realised how I have changed quite a lot. ***. It was a different feeling altogether when I talked to her. Much more stranger, colder, and somewhat different frequencies. I guess that's what RJ does to you. The same thing happened with Viv too. And some other people I've talked to who haven't really chatted with me since before RJ. Sadly, I realised I can't really do much about it. It is what I've come to accept and adapt to, and what essentially is my main society and environment now. Then why am I not as versatile as before?

This frequency thingy has really troubled me for two days now, and a satisfactory answer hasn't come to me yet. I hope it comes soon. I pray that it comes soon.

Suddenly thought of Thiha when I walked home today. Hmmmmmmmm. ***

Eh, what's the another thing I wanted to blog about. Also popped up in my mind when walking home. Something about a story of a girl. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Oh and Margeret is a crazy girl.

Rawr, I slept 10 hours last night. Thinking it's due to the fact that I didn't sleep at all on thursday night. Note to self: NEVER EVER TRY THAT AGAIN. IT'S HAZARDOUS.

Found this in Annalyn's blog. Really cool.

We rode into town the other day, just me and my daddy. He said I'd finally reached that age and I could ride next to him on a horse... that of course was not quite as wide.

We heard a crowd of people shouting, and so we stopped to find out why. And there was that man that my dad said he loved, but today there was fear in his eyes.

So I said daddy why are they screaming, why are the faces of some of them beaming? Why is he dressed in that bright purple robe? I'll bet that crown hurts him more then he shows. Daddy please can't you do something? He looks as though he's gonna cry. You said he was stronger then all of those guys, daddy please tell me why? Why does everyone want him to die?

Later that day the sky grew cloudy and daddy said I should go inside. Somehow he knew things would get stormy. Boy was he right, but I could not keep from wondering if there was something he had to hide. So after he left I had to find out. I was not afraid of getting lost. So I followed the crowds to a hill where I knew men had been killed and I heard a voice come from the cross, and it said:

Father why are they screaming?
Why are the faces of some of them beaming?
Why are they casting their lots for my clothes?
This crown of thorns hurts me more then it shows
Father please can't you do something?
I know that you must hear my cry
I thought I could handle a cross of this size
Father remind me why?
Why does everyone want me to die?
When will I understand why?

My precious son
I hear them screaming
I'm watching the face of the enemy beaming
But soon I will clothe you in robes of my own
Jesus this hurts me much more then you know
But this dark hour
I must do nothing
Though I've heard your unbearable cries
The power in your blood
Destroys all of the lies
Soon you'll see past their unmerciful lies

Look there below
See the child
Trembling by her father's side
Now I can tell you why
She is why you must die

It's pouring outside now. What a good night to sleep.



*** -- Refer to penseive I.

0 comments: