Sunday, August 06, 2006

Most Beautiful

I just saw the most beautiful comtemporary dance ever.




The story is sad! And the dancing, the flow, the emotions, the jumps, were all so nuanced that it just brings out the hurt feeling even more. Well done, Travis. And Martha, I think.

It was taken from So You Think You Can Dance Season 2, which is nearing it's end in the US, but is nowhere near it's begining here.

Also just watched (from the same show, same site), a really strange hiphop dance, with the dancers in trenchcoats! But still pretty cool. See below. I think it's Ivan and Donyelle.



There was another hiphop dance (also from so you think you can dance), that's really sweet and really cute! Ok, I know I'm being weird by describing hiphop as cute and sweet, when it's supposed to be hot and rough. But this choreography/routine is just so unique. It's not the usual agressiveness -- it's really soft and just so sweet! And they dance with umbrellas too. You've got to watch it! Really a totally different brand of hiphop. Chereographed by Shane something. Allison and Ivan! Play it now!





So You Think You Can Dance is just the best dance show ever. :)

0 comments: