Monday, March 13, 2006

OBS + NY + EVERYTHING

My junoirs have just come back from OBS. A once in a lifetime experience that is unlikely to be forgotten. Which strongly reminded me of my own OBS. (NOT according to chronological order.)

Natalie.
Lincoln.
Belaying in the pouring rain.
Trying to climb logs and stuff in the hall.
Resi.
Being super pissed about it.
Solo night walk in the forest. Freaky.
Single-canoer.
Being sea-ex leader.
Enormous piles of stress piled on me for being it.
Ultra heavy Jerry Cans that only Xiaohui seemed to be able to carry.
The wonderful sea expedition.
Capsizing in torrents of rain where I can't see anything.
Not my fault that I got capsized.
Dieing while trying to seesaw the canoe by myself while Natalie watches on, choosing not to help but show her silly grin.
Worried sick about my poor sandles.
Bailing water like crazy and it never seemed to have any effect.
Trying to be a good sea-ex leader and scared to death that any of my expedition members would get into an accident.
Meiling shitting in the sea, against the current, causing the shit to float by her while she gawks at it, horrified.
Laughing at Elissa's comment about never seeing shit this close.
Trying to have a mass pee session in the sea.
Could'nt because of the pressure in the sea.
Rice that never seem to be cooked.
Waking up 129387395720594205627 times in the night due to piercing cold, loud rain, and Kian Mian's and Xin Chui's bony knees.
Got my period on the last day.
Canoeing with my pad. YUK.
Mass crying at the end.
More crying.
Eyes were like running taps. Endless.

Ah. OBS.

Which reminds me of NY. And the milions of things that come to mind when I think of NY. The list is just too long.

I MISS NY.

Its quite rubbish. Teachers always tells us that we must cherish the time in NY. Senoirs that leave NY always miss it like crazy later. We were like "Yeah right. Miss NY? Crazy. I can't wait to get out of here and I hate NY and stuff." In the end we end up not cherishing NY at all.

And now, I miss NY like crazy. I miss her pristine walls, her nice environment, her really good facilities, her brightness, her great band, her great bandroom, her great dance studio, her great auditorium, her great quadrangle, her great library, her great teachers, and her great people.

Oh yes. Not forgetting Local Delight and Mixed Veg.

God I really miss NY. And everything in it. Even Mdm Mak's "sueh seng". Even the repeated "reflections" we were supposed to do. Even the nagging that we had to endure almost everyday. Even the rubbish teachers that didn't teach much. Even the getting scolded until I cried part. Even the immense amounts of stress I recieved. Even the friends that I didn't get along very well with. Even the bitchyness and conflicts.

I MISS NY! AND ALL MY LITTLE FRIENDS!!! AND EVERYTHING!!

I'm definitely definitely going back. DEFINITELY. POSITIVELY CERTAIN. ABSOLUTELY. And whatever thesaurus stuff you can think of that's in line with definite.

Junoirs please take heed of whatever I said above. MUST CHERISH NY AND LOVE IT!!!

Because you'll end up loving it after you leave.

Which is what's happening to me now.

0 comments: