I neglected my blog for 3 days and my tagboard has been tsunamied. Behold.
Nutcase: YES!!! Elidan is very funny. It's very fun to be in the same expedition as her. :)
Jesse: HEY HEY!!! I MISS JJ!! And all it's rubbishy stuff.
Ruimin: Whoa chill. Chill~~. What happened?
Chienru: I wanna go out again! I haven't bought a single skirt. And the whole world is STILL wearing it. :/
Cinders: CINDERS!!! I MISS NY HORNS!!! Everytime I think about you guys I feel like crying. Oh and I don't hate RJ la. I just don't think it's very fun now, but it will get better as time passes. Yes. I just need time. So don't be sad and angry ok? And don't cry. Tell your friend I'm very sorry to have taken his place and I feel very guilty too. Like I'm not supposed to be there liddat. Anyway, Eleen has that mouthpeice (naughty ek!) and will return it. Soon. So please badger and pester her to come back. :) And we'll all have reunion. :) I MISS NY HORNS!!!
Sabrina: I WANT OBS TOO!!! Haha, don't worry, I will have fun in RJ. And nope, I don't want Cinders to cry. :)
----------------------------------------------
HAIZ. My whole holidays has been used to catch up curriculum. There soooo much to catch up! I've gone at a pretty slow pace so now there's still Econs, Maths and GP that I haven't touched. Wish me luck. I'll need it.
Actually it's my fault that I'm so slow. Got distracted by many stuff along the way. On Monday, I went to the library with my brother and borrowed Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Naturally, the whole day was dedicated to that book. I must get rid of that bad habit. Everytime I pick up a good book, I would not, could not, and cannot put it down until I have read the last page.
Wuthering Heights is a confusing book. There's a certain amount of incest, and very confusing events. The book mentioned passionate love and romance, but it's not the typical stuff that you get when you think of these two things. The passionate love is not really shown in the open. You have to dig and analyse to find it. But maybe that's partially because the whole story is narrated through a third person's view.
Heathcliff. Is he evil or is he just blinded by his immense love for Catherine? If so, then isn't it Catherine's fault that Heathcliff turned out like this? Or just a wicked twist of fate?
And how come the kids don't take after their parent's qualities? Example Heathcliff's son, Linton is so sissy and whiny and selfish, unlike Heathcliff and Isabella. While Hindley's son, Hareton becomes so unrefined and roguish, unlike Hindley and Frances. I think Emily Bronte wants to show that breeding is the ultimate factor to determine a person's qualities.
Question: In Victorian times, do close cousins marry each other when they grow up? Won't that result in some funny DNA problem with the genes of their kids and they turn out abnormal? I was most disturbed by the cousin marrying cousin thingy. Is it very common during the late 1700s? Imagine marrying your cousin. ................ Weird.
This book is very unique. After you read the whole thing, you actually find it very subtle. Unlike Jane Eye by Charlotte Bronte. It's like, how to say. There are some dramatic and passionate parts but everything else is in a blur. And you will keep reading it. A literature idiot like me won't be able to do the book justice. Just borrow one and read it. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Even Johnny Depp recommended it. He read it ten times. :)
I started speaking Victorian English after reading it. Good thing it has worn off now.
Anyway, yesterday, at ten, I sat down and watched a bit of Jewel in the Palace on Channel U. During commercials, my mom said "Commercials really waste people's time." And then she whipped out the dvd of that show. I was SHOCKED. How come she has da3 chang2 jin1's dvd at home? When did she buy it? When I asked her, she said, "Oh your dad bought it a year ago." A YEAR AGO? OH MAN, I felt so cheated. How come they never told me or something. I could have spent my free holidays watching it!! And how come they didn't watch it themselves? ARGH. So qi kek.
Then we started to watch it. Naturally, I got hooked again. (Note to self: Urgent need to instill STRONG SENSE of self-discipline.) The show's quite nice, and sometimes quite funny. I think the little girlies are very cute! They look so funny walking around in their big pompom pregnant costumes. But it's sad too (duh.). Espeicially when the mother died.
In the end, I watched until chang2 jin1 grew up. That was episode 8 I think. And it was three something when she grew up. Which resulted in my oversleeping today. RAWR.
Everyone please go and catch it. Jewel in the Palace. It's worth the time. A show that deserved it's uproar.
------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment